Garlic and Manuka honey have proven anti-bacterial properties. Try this tested recipe for the coughs and colds which are circulating this winter.
1 lemon (preferably organic)
1-2 cloves of garlic (depends on size of cloves)
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of honey (preferably Manuka but at least Raw)
- Cut a lemon in halves
- Squeeze all the lemon juice out of one half and place in a small bowl. Keep the half you extracted the juice for later use (step 5).
- Chop the garlic and it let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Then add it to the lemon juice with the cayenne pepper.
- Add the honey to the mix and stir all ingredients well.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the lemon half (which you extracted the juice from in step 2)
- Consume the finished product in its entirety including all the lemon pulp. Hold it in your hand and cup it as if you're holding a fruit. Repeat recipe in 4 hours with the other lemon half